- PacNW Herbaria Records for Philonotis fontana
- Search Arctos Database for Philonotis fontana (Southeast only)
- Search Arctos Database for Philonotis fontana (entire database)
- Encyclopedia of Life search for Philonotis fontana
- iNaturalist Observations for Philonotis fontana in Southeast Alaska
Southeastern Alaska Distribution: Widespread.[as Philonotis americana, now P. f. var. americana] Probably throughout. Previously reported only from Yakobi Island (Persson, 1963).
Habitat: Wet areas, especially in open seeps and along roadsides; often forming extensive colonies in glacial areas, and on subalpine and alpine slopes. [as Philonotis americana, now P. f. var. americana] Wet areas usually where sunny, ditches, marshes, seeps, margins of lakes, ponds and streams.
Comments: Frequently with abundant sporophytes. This species is important in the early stages of vegetation succession on raw tills as a storer of water, and in stabilizing the substrate in areas of seeps and frequnet run-off. [as Philonotis americana, now P. f. var. americana] Often with sporophytes.
Worley's map of Philonotis fontana collections