From Natural History of Southeast Alaska
(Redirected from Parastichopus californicus)
Orange sea cucumber (Cucumaria miniata), the California sea cucumber is primarily subtidal, crawls along the bottom rather than hide between and under rocks, and has more than just tube feet along its body walls. its color is variable, from white to very dark, but it is usually brown with reddish tentacles.
This species is the target of an important dive fishery in Southeast Alaska.
- WoRMS Page for Apostichopus californicus
- Search Arctos Database for Apostichopus californicus (Southeast only)
- Search Arctos Database for Apostichopus californicus (entire database)
- Encyclopedia of Life search for Apostichopus californicus
- iNaturalist Observations for Apostichopus californicus in Southeast Alaska