Orthotrichum consimile: Recent paper (see link below) indicates this species may occur in the region, but Orthotrichum columbicum is likely much more frequent.
Hairy calyptra distinguishes this species from Orthotrichum columbicum
- Integrative Taxonomy Paper looking at the taxonomy of O. consimile
- BFNA page for Orthotrichum consimile
- PacNW Herbaria Records for Orthotrichum consimile
- Search Arctos Database for Orthotrichum consimile (Southeast only)
- Search Arctos Database for Orthotrichum consimile (entire database)
- Encyclopedia of Life search for Orthotrichum consimile
- iNaturalist Observations for Orthotrichum consimile in Southeast Alaska
Southeastern Alaska Distribution: Apparently previously reported (Persson and Weber, 1958), but I can find no specific citations.
Habitat: On branches of trees, especially deciduous species.
Comments: Usually with sporophtyes.