- PacNW Herbaria Records for Lophocolea bidentata
- Search Arctos Database for Lophocolea bidentata (Southeast only)
- Search Arctos Database for Lophocolea bidentata (entire database)
- Encyclopedia of Life search for Lophocolea bidentata
- iNaturalist Observations for Lophocolea bidentata in Southeast Alaska
Southeastern Alaska Distribution: Not previously known. Recorded from a single collection: Young Sitka spruce forest on raised beach near Bartlett Cove Wharf, glacier Bay National Monument, Worley and Boas 10189.
Habitat: The material was growing on mud at the margin of a swampy area in a kettle depression in a young, primary successional forest. In Fennoscandia (Arnell, 1956) among other mosses or in pure patches in more or less moist places, but also in rather dry places, mostly on soil sometimes decaying wood, siliceous rocks or near springs.
Comments: As in Europe the species shows a distinctly southern distribution for a circumboreal species.