- PacNW Herbaria Records for Gymnocolea inflata
- Search Arctos Database for Gymnocolea inflata (Southeast only)
- Search Arctos Database for Gymnocolea inflata (entire database)
- Encyclopedia of Life search for Gymnocolea inflata
- iNaturalist Observations for Gymnocolea inflata in Southeast Alaska
Southeastern Alaska Distribution: Previously known only from Nichols Bay and St. John Harbor. Throughout, especially where there are peatlands.
Habitat: In southeastern Alaska most commonly in peatlands, as pure colonies on peat or deadwood, or as strands in Sphagnum. Also on wet to moist, sunny rocks or barren soil; reported elsewhere from talus slopes and cliffs.
Comments: Sporophytes are rare (not seen in southeastern Alaska) but the caducous perianths may be abundant.