- Sitka/Eurhynchium oreganum: Common in the area. Sometimes abundant enough to form a ground cover. Easily observed along trails in open forest at Totem Park where there is ample filtered light, such as long the beach-side loop and the trail along Indian River. (edit)
- PacNW Herbaria Records for Eurhynchium oreganum
- Search Arctos Database for Eurhynchium oreganum (Southeast only)
- Search Arctos Database for Eurhynchium oreganum (entire database)
- Encyclopedia of Life search for Eurhynchium oreganum
- iNaturalist Observations for Eurhynchium oreganum in Southeast Alaska
Southeastern Alaska Distribution: Throughout, but more abundant in the South.
Habitat: At low elevations, on forest floors, deadwood, and occasionally on tree bases. in partial or deep shade. in the northern portion of the region tending to be restricted to the young forests on raised beaches in semi-open, well drained situations. Not known from the successional forests of Glacier Bay, however.
Worley's map of Eurhynchium oreganum collections