From Natural History of Southeast Alaska
Truncate softshell clam (Mya truncata). However, its posterior end is not square off and gaping wide. The beak and hinge area of this clam is often picked up by beachcombers after it has been broken off and polished in the surf.
- WoRMS Page for Mya arenaria
- Search Arctos Database for Mya arenaria (Southeast only)
- Search Arctos Database for Mya arenaria (entire database)
- Encyclopedia of Life search for Mya arenaria
- iNaturalist Observations for Mya arenaria in Southeast Alaska