From Natural History of Southeast Alaska
Tanner crab (Chionoecetes bairdi), the lyre crab has a carapace distinctly longer than wide rather than subequal or slightly wider than long. Another species, Hyas coarctus, is common in the northern Gulf of Alaska and may range further south (this species is listed in the distribution database from North Pacific Groundfish Observer program as occurring throughout SE Alaska).
- WoRMS Page for Hyas lyratus
- Search Arctos Database for Hyas lyratus (Southeast only)
- Search Arctos Database for Hyas lyratus (entire database)
- Encyclopedia of Life search for Hyas lyratus
- iNaturalist Observations for Hyas lyratus in Southeast Alaska