From Natural History of Southeast Alaska
- Sitka/Silene acaulis: Scattered along river gravel bars and alpine slopes, this species is widespread but nowhere common. Near town it has been found on north slope of Mount Verstovia, upper elevations of Bear Mountain, and along Blue Lake Creek. (edit)
- USDAPLANTS page for Silene acaulis
- FNA page for Silene acaulis "Arctic and alpine tundra, gravelly, often wet places, rocky ledges;"
- PFAF page for Silene acaulis
- EthnoBotany page for Silene acaulis
- e-FloraBC page for Silene acaulis
- PacNW Herbaria Records for Silene acaulis
- Search Arctos Database for Silene acaulis (Southeast only)
- Search Arctos Database for Silene acaulis (entire database)
- Encyclopedia of Life search for Silene acaulis
- iNaturalist Observations for Silene acaulis in Southeast Alaska
- Muller: N & E; alpine
- Hall 2010: "Moist but well-drained sites in alpine, sandy soil, lake shores and ridges. Common."