From Natural History of Southeast Alaska
Greenmark hermit crab (Pagurus caurinus) but can be distinguished by the legs lacking distinct white bands near joints and merus ("forearm") of right claw with two rather than a single large tubercle on the underside. The hairy hermit crab (Pagurus hirsutiusculus) may have blue bands on the legs but always has light and dark banded antennae rather than the solid orange or red seen in the Bering hermit crab.
- WoRMS Page for Pagurus beringanus
- Search Arctos Database for Pagurus beringanus (Southeast only)
- Search Arctos Database for Pagurus beringanus (entire database)
- Encyclopedia of Life search for Pagurus beringanus
- iNaturalist Observations for Pagurus beringanus in Southeast Alaska