Unlike N. lyrata this species has very strong, regular spiral cords that are often darker than the shell. The interior is white rather than the brown seen in N. lyrata. This species lays its egg capsules in a flat row rather than in a tall column as does N. lyrata.
- WoRMS Page for Neptunea sp.
- Search Arctos Database for Neptunea sp. (Southeast only)
- Search Arctos Database for Neptunea sp. (entire database)
- Encyclopedia of Life search for Neptunea sp.
- iNaturalist Observations for Neptunea sp. in Southeast Alaska