Well collected from southern outer islands, with a few more from southern inner islands. Two old collections from the Sitka area, and one more from the northern mainland along Icy Strait are the only others from the region (there are more from coastal areas north and west of the region). Probably under collected in part, but perhaps also prefers more hyper maritime climate?
- Sitka/Microseris borealis: Common in many Kruzof Island muskegs, but absent from muskegs along the Sitka road system. Also found on outer part of southern Baranof Island. (edit)
- USDAPLANTS page for Microseris borealis
- FNA page for Microseris borealis Mostly coastal and montane sphagnum bogs; other wet sites from lowlands to alpine in northern part of range.
- e-FloraBC page for Microseris borealis
- PacNW Herbaria Records for Microseris borealis
- Search Arctos Database for Microseris borealis (Southeast only)
- Search Arctos Database for Microseris borealis (entire database)
- Encyclopedia of Life search for Microseris borealis
- iNaturalist Observations for Microseris borealis in Southeast Alaska
- Muller: gen; meadows
- Hall 2010: (as Apargidium boreale) occasional in wet meadows or rocky slopes and sphagnum bogs.