From Natural History of Southeast Alaska
Collections spanning the region, though apparently none from the southern outside islands.
- Sitka/Leymus mollis: Abundant along upper edge of sandy and rocky beaches on western side of the area. ?Maybe less common on the east side? (edit)
- USDAPLANTS page for Leymus mollis
- GrassManual page for Leymus mollis
- e-FloraBC page for Leymus mollis
- PacNW Herbaria Records for Leymus mollis
- Search Arctos Database for Leymus mollis (Southeast only)
- Search Arctos Database for Leymus mollis (entire database)
- Encyclopedia of Life search for Leymus mollis
- iNaturalist Observations for Leymus mollis in Southeast Alaska
- Muller: gen; upper beaches, common
- Hall 2010: "Upper beaches, forming belt along shore. Common."
- Skinner, et al 2012: "Native grass found along coastal beaches close to the high tideline. The primary dune colonizer in Alaska and used for beach stabilization and reclamation of disturbed sites. Most reclamation is accomplished using transplants. Provides some value as winter forage for herbivore."