Likely to be present throughout the region in appropriate habitat. Collections in ARCTOS from throughout much of the region, but with some gaps. Many from the Haines/Skagway area.
FNA has lumped H. gracile with this species.
- FNA page for Hieracium triste
- e-FloraBC page for Hieracium triste
- e-Flora BC page for H. gracile
- USDAPLANTS page for Hieracium triste
- PacNW Herbaria Records for Hieracium triste
- Search Arctos Database for Hieracium triste (Southeast only)
- Search Arctos Database for Hieracium triste (entire database)
- Encyclopedia of Life search for Hieracium triste
- iNaturalist Observations for Hieracium triste in Southeast Alaska
- Muller: (as H. gracile) gen; alpine, open slopes
- Hall 2010: Occasional in rocky and sandy alpine slopes.
- Hall 2010: (as H. gracile) common in alpine, open slopes, and disturbed areas.
- Muller: gen; alpine, rocky slopes