Edible thistle (Cirsium edule var. macounii): Only collection in ARCTOS is apparently from the British Columbia side of the border near Hyder. Southern Southeast Alaska would seem to be at the very northern edge of the range of this species.
- EthnoBotany page for Cirsium edule
- e-FloraBC page for Cirsium edule
- USDAPLANTS page for Cirsium edule
- FNA page for Cirsium edule "Damp soil, mostly montane meadows, forests, alpine" "ranges from the coastal mountains of southeastern Alaska and British Columbia to Vancouver Island, the Olympic Peninsula, and northern Cascades of Washington, and the mountains of northwestern Oregon."
- PacNW Herbaria Records for Cirsium edule var. macounii
- Search Arctos Database for Cirsium edule (Southeast only)
- Search Arctos Database for Cirsium edule (entire database)
- Encyclopedia of Life search for Cirsium edule var. macounii
- iNaturalist Observations for Cirsium edule var. macounii in Southeast Alaska
- Muller: SE; wet meadows