Spearscale (Atriplex patula): It appears there may be some confusion between this species and Gmelin's Saltbrush (Atriplex gmelinii). Based on the FNA account, it would seem this species should not be expected in salt rich areas (i.e., beaches) while A. gmelinii is restricted to such locations. There are a few collections in ARCTOS identified as this species (though all of those are from beach habitats, and maybe have been named with a broader understanding of A. patula than used in FNA) and two reports in AKEPIC (though those appear to be on shorelines, so may need reconsideration).
- PFAF page for Atriplex patula
- e-FloraBC page for Atriplex patula
- USDAPLANTS page for Atriplex patula
- FNA page for Atriplex patula "Widespread ruderal weed of nonsaline substrates such as fields, gardens, and roadsides"
- PacNW Herbaria Records for Atriplex patula
- Search Arctos Database for Atriplex patula (Southeast only)
- Search Arctos Database for Atriplex patula (entire database)
- Encyclopedia of Life search for Atriplex patula
- iNaturalist Observations for Atriplex patula in Southeast Alaska