Taxonomic changes make tracking collections a little difficult. In ARCTOS, most seem to be linked with A. lanceolata, while in e-Flora BC, more are associated strictly with A. lanceolata ssp. prima.
In ARCTOS, collections from throughout much of the region, though more weighted towards the outer coast. Gaps in the extreme south, and in the central inner islands and mainland, but probably occurs throughout.
- Sitka/Arnica lanceolata: Widespread in the area. Primarily found growing in riparian areas. Grows along Indian River? (edit)
- e-Flora BC page for Arnica lanceolata
- USDAPLANTS page for Arnica lanceolata
- FNA page for Arnica lanceolata
- e-FloraBC page for Arnica lanceolata ssp. prima
- PacNW Herbaria Records for Arnica lanceolata prima
- Search Arctos Database for Arnica lanceolata (Southeast only)
- Search Arctos Database for Arnica lanceolata (entire database)
- Encyclopedia of Life search for Arnica lanceolata prima
- iNaturalist Observations for Arnica lanceolata prima in Southeast Alaska
- Muller: gen; wet areas, open forest
- Hall 2010: (as A. amplexicaulis) - Occasional; along streams, wet areas, lake shores, mountain slopes, subalpine meadows, and open forests.