Because it has the size, feel, and look of a little mouse (but, alas, not the warmth), this nudibranch is a contender for "cutest invertebrate in Sitka Sound, and as such is always a special treat for the beachcomber. It eats anemones, and stores their stinging cells in its "shaggy fur."
- WoRMS Page for Aeolidia papillosa
- Search Arctos Database for Aeolidia papillosa (Southeast only)
- Search Arctos Database for Aeolidia papillosa (entire database)
- Encyclopedia of Life search for Aeolidia papillosa
- iNaturalist Observations for Aeolidia papillosa in Southeast Alaska