- PacNW Herbaria Records for Tritomaria polita
- Search Arctos Database for Tritomaria polita (Southeast only)
- Search Arctos Database for Tritomaria polita (entire database)
- Encyclopedia of Life search for Tritomaria polita
- iNaturalist Observations for Tritomaria polita in Southeast Alaska
Southeastern Alaska Distribution: Not previously known. From the slopes of Red Mountain, between Muir Inlet and the Casement Glacier, Glacier Bay, Worley 13323A.
Habitat: The southeastern Alaska specimen was growing as strands among other bryophytes on the bank of a stream on a subalpine slope. Elsewhere the species is known from rocks or peaty muck over rocks (Schuster, 1969), or , "Mostly on streambanks and shores of lakes, but also in other moist places such as bogs and marshes, seldom on wet cliffs, mostly on siliceous ground but also in calcaereous districts." (Arnell, 1956)
Comments: The Glacier Bay material was scanty.