Sphagnum centrale: BFNA indicates this species does not occur in Alaska. Possibly collections are in fact Sphagnum alaskense?
- PacNW Herbaria Records for Sphagnum centrale
- Search Arctos Database for Sphagnum centrale (Southeast only)
- Search Arctos Database for Sphagnum centrale (entire database)
- Encyclopedia of Life search for Sphagnum centrale
- iNaturalist Observations for Sphagnum centrale in Southeast Alaska
Southeastern Alaska Distribution: Port Alice on Heceta Island (Persson, 1949), and 18 miles NNW of Ketchikan, Hermann 22173.
Habitat: More common in forests than in peatlands (at least in Europe).
Comments: "Circumpolar, with continental tendencies; hemiarctic to middle boreomeridional." (Isoviita, 1966).