Beach Asparagus (Salicornia depressa): There are several collections that resolve to this species in ARCTOS, however at least some of those may actually be Beach Asparagus (Sarcocornia perennis).
FNA distribution map has this species occurring throughout coastal BC and again on the east side of Cook Inlet, but absent in Southeast Alaska.
It seems like this species does occur in the region, but more investigation is need to clearly resolve the question.
- EthnoBotany page for Salicornia depressa
- e-FloraBC page for Salicornia depressa
- USDAPLANTS page for Salicornia depressa
- FNA page for Salicornia depressa "Middle and lower levels of saltmarshes and sides of channels, rarely in saline areas inland"
- PacNW Herbaria Records for Salicornia depressa
- Search Arctos Database for Salicornia depressa (Southeast only)
- Search Arctos Database for Salicornia depressa (entire database)
- Encyclopedia of Life search for Salicornia depressa
- iNaturalist Observations for Salicornia depressa in Southeast Alaska
- Muller: [as Salicornia europaea] N; saline soil, beaches:
- Hall 2010: [as Salicornia europaea] "Salty soils on tidal flats and lake shores in coastal southern Alaska."