- PacNW Herbaria Records for Ptychostomum imbricatulum
- Search Arctos Database for Ptychostomum imbricatulum (Southeast only)
- Search Arctos Database for Ptychostomum imbricatulum (entire database)
- Encyclopedia of Life search for Ptychostomum imbricatulum
- iNaturalist Observations for Ptychostomum imbricatulum in Southeast Alaska
[as Bryum caespiticium]
Southeastern Alaska Distribution: Known from Muir Glacier, Glacier Bay (Cardot and Theriot, 1902), and from the south side of the Hugh Miller Valley outwash train, about one to two miles from tide water, Glacier Bay, Worley 13231 (collected by J. Rawson).
Habitat: In Glacier Bay the species grows on sandy soils in the early stages of succession after deglaciation. Known from throughout its range on poor, sunny soils in a variety of sites, occasionally abundant on calcareous soils.
Comments: Usually with abundant sporophytes.