From Natural History of Southeast Alaska
This page is intended to be a place where ideas for natural history projects can be listed and perhaps developed.
- Chestnut-backed Chickadee Vocalization
- Song Sparrow Populations
- Raven Vocaliztions
- Night Recordings
- Dark-eyed Junco Winter Movements
- Seasonality of Insects (bugnapper collections over time)
- Salt Water Dispersal
- Seed Persistence and viability
- Plant propagation
- Cedar Epiphytes
- Nostoc colonies in bryophytes
- Do Salmonberries increase the number of thorns with pruning?
- Panellus Bioremediation
- Cedar Mycorrhizae
- Nematode trapping (by basidiomycetes)
- Are Springtails food for fungi?
- Dissolution (how long does it take shells and bones to dissolve in muskegs?
- Fragment Rain (from forest canopies)
- All Species Community Big Year
- Endemic Taxa (Genetic signatures of refugia? Much work already done on mammals - look at plants, and other less mobile species in other groups?)
- Sitka in Taxonomy species whose name (including synonymy?) or type locality are Sitka-related (including secondary - such as things named for other things named for Sitka?)