- PacNW Herbaria Records for Plagiothecium cavifolium
- Search Arctos Database for Plagiothecium cavifolium (Southeast only)
- Search Arctos Database for Plagiothecium cavifolium (entire database)
- Encyclopedia of Life search for Plagiothecium cavifolium
- iNaturalist Observations for Plagiothecium cavifolium in Southeast Alaska
[as Plagiothecium roeseanum]
Southeastern Alaska Distribution: Widespread.
Habitat: Usually on soil or duff in forests, on cliffs, boulders, stream banks, rotting logs, and tree bases.
Comments: Rarely with sporophytes. Ireland (1969) suggests that perhaps the western North American population is taxonomically separate from the eastern North American population. He as also placed P. succulentum within the present species, and has indicated that all reports from North America of P. sylvaticum are actually depauperate plants of P. roeseanum. Both species were reported from a very few southeastern Alaska sites.