Plagiochila arctica: Worley indicates this species is not uncommon in the alpine across the northern part of the region. PacNW herbarium database shows a single collection in Southeast Alaska from Prince of Wales Island.
- PacNW Herbaria Records for Plagiochila arctica
- Search Arctos Database for Plagiochila arctica (Southeast only)
- Search Arctos Database for Plagiochila arctica (entire database)
- Encyclopedia of Life search for Plagiochila arctica
- iNaturalist Observations for Plagiochila arctica in Southeast Alaska
Southeastern Alaska Distribution: Not uncommon in the alpine regions of the northern part of the region.
Habitat: As tufts in alpine tundra, especially around rock outcrops and at the base of boulders. Elsewhere with a wide ecological tolerance, in the Arctic tundra almost wholly restricted to areas adjacent to persistent snow banks, or to slopes lying below firn on hills or mountains.