Western Heather Vole (Phenacomys intermedius): A single collection from the Chilkat Mountains near Excursion Inlet and collections from mountains near Hyder are the only ones known from the region so far, though it is probable this species occurs elsewhere in the mountains near the Canadian Border.
- Search Arctos Database for Phenacomys intermedius (Southeast only)
- Search Arctos Database for Phenacomys intermedius (entire database)
- Encyclopedia of Life search for Phenacomys intermedius
- iNaturalist Observations for Phenacomys intermedius in Southeast Alaska
- MacDonald Cook 2007: Further work in the coast range should help clarify understanding of this species in the region.