From Natural History of Southeast Alaska
Northern Gulf Coast to the east side of upper Lynn Canal. Also on Chichagof Islands along with other associated smaller islands, and Baranof Island. Fossil remains have been found on Prince of Wales Island. The southern limit of this species is in Southeast Alaska.
- Sitka/Microtus oeconomus: Fairly common on many mountains and ridges at and above the treeline. Less frequently found at lower elevations. Abundance is quite variable. (edit)
- Search Arctos Database for Microtus oeconomus (Southeast only)
- Search Arctos Database for Microtus oeconomus (entire database)
- Encyclopedia of Life search for Microtus oeconomus
- iNaturalist Observations for Microtus oeconomus in Southeast Alaska
- MacDonald Cook 2007: Two subspecies M. o. sitkensis from the northern outer islands, and M. o yakutatensis from the northern coast.