From Natural History of Southeast Alaska
- Sitka/Microtus longicaudus: Restricted to Chichagof Island in the Sitka area. Given its wide ranging presence on most other decent-sized islands in the region, it's absence from Baranof Island and Kruzof Island seems odd. (edit)
- Search Arctos Database for Microtus longicaudus (Southeast only)
- Search Arctos Database for Microtus longicaudus (entire database)
- Encyclopedia of Life search for Microtus longicaudus
- iNaturalist Observations for Microtus longicaudus in Southeast Alaska
- MacDonald Cook 2007: Evidence suggests colonization of the region by two groups post-glacially. Subspecies M. l. coronarius was formerly considered a full species and is endemic to Coronation, Forrester, and Warren Islands.