Most of the work so far has gone to creating species lists and pages for the species known or expected to occur in Southeast Alaska. Future efforts will include the addition of more species (and species groups), pages for physical features and phenomena known from Southeast, including weather and atmosphere, rocks/minerals, and geography (islands and other land or water forms).
- Birds: Pages for all the species reported from Southeast Alaska. (397 species included)
- Bryophytes: Pages for most of the species reported in Southeast Alaska including information and maps from Ian Worley's PhD dissertation on the biogeography of bryophytes in Southeast Alaska. (565 species included)
- Vascular Plants: A nearly comprehensive list of plants in (or expected to be in) Southeast Alaska. Some species have fairly complete summaries, but most include little more than names so far. (1138 species included)
- Algae: Pages for (mostly marine) algae known from Southeast Alaska (147 species included so far).
- Fishes: Pages for marine and freshwater fish known from Southeast Alaska (333 species included so far).
- Lichens: Listing of species (and pages) plus some references for many of the lichens reported in Southeast Alaska (563 species included so far).
- Fungi: Pages for an increasing number of the fungi found in Southeast Alaska (233 species included so far).
- Mammals: Pages for marine and terrestrial mammals reported in Southeast Alaska (84 species included).
- Marine Invertebrates: Pages for marine invertebrates reported in Southeast Alaska (275 species included). Thanks to the Sitka Sound Science Center for supporting the development of this wiki by allowing Paul Norwood, one of their AmeriCorps volunteers, to spend some time creating pages for Marine Invertebrates.
- Terrestrial Invertebrates: Pages for terrestrial invertebrates reported in Southeast Alaska (463 species included).
- Also a Projects page for project ideas and links to project infomation
Log of significant updates
- 21 March 2014: Created Sitka Sound Striations page and related project forms/etc.
- 30 August 2013: Modified "Upload Related File" from observation page so more entries are pre-filled in the form. Add separate entry for Species (distinct from File Tags).
- 24 August 2013: Began adding higher level taxonomy to Vascular Plants; Added Category:Species for species pages (almost 4100 in the wiki to date). Added auto-generated link to Encyclopedia of Life for all species pages. Added auto-generated link to Mushroom Observer for Category:Fungus
- 20 August 2013: Modified template to generate links to http://fishbase.org, http://algaebase.org and http://arctos.database.museum on relevant species pages; upgraded to mediawiki 1.21.1
- 19 August 2013: Category:Bird - Update Taxonomic Order to reflect 2013 changes
- Summer 2013: Category:Vascular Plant - Begin adding notes from Hall 2010 and checking Arctos records for plants
- Summer 2013: Category:Fish bulk upload Fish (from Fishes of Alaska) - start reviewing names for errors and updates
- Jan 2013: Category:Terrestrial Invertebrate bulk upload of Moths from recently published checklist for the state.