- PacNW Herbaria Records for Lepidozia sandvicensis
- Search Arctos Database for Lepidozia sandvicensis (Southeast only)
- Search Arctos Database for Lepidozia sandvicensis (entire database)
- Encyclopedia of Life search for Lepidozia sandvicensis
- iNaturalist Observations for Lepidozia sandvicensis in Southeast Alaska
Southeastern Alaska Distribution: Most common on islands nearer the open sea, there from near sea level to the subalpine; also on inner islands at elevations above 1500 ft. Widespread and not uncommon, but local.
Habitat: Always in peatlands, usually as wisps among other bryophytes, occasionally as films of several strands over Sphagnum. Indicated by Evans (1914) as on soil in very damp forests.
Comments: Always sterile. Evans (1914) pointed out the difficulties inherent when referring an Alaskan - British Columbian species with one known otherwise only from Hawaii.