Filmy Fern (Hymenophyllum wrightii): A very small fern only documented as a gametophyte in Southeast Alaska. H. wrightii gametophytes resemble unbranched leafy liverworts. Expected in the southern half of the region (FNA map), there are few collections - likely due to ease with which they would be overlooked where they grow on decaying wood in a variety of low elevation forest types.
- USDAPLANTS page for Hymenophyllum wrightii
- FNA page for Hymenophyllum wrightii
- e-FloraBC page for Hymenophyllum wrightii
- PhD Dissertation with Chapter on H. wrightii Chapter focuses on H. wrightii in PacNW
- PacNW Herbaria Records for Hymenophyllum wrightii
- Search Arctos Database for Hymenophyllum wrightii (Southeast only)
- Search Arctos Database for Hymenophyllum wrightii (entire database)
- Encyclopedia of Life search for Hymenophyllum wrightii
- iNaturalist Observations for Hymenophyllum wrightii in Southeast Alaska
- Muller: S; wet cliffs & tree trunks
- Hall 2010: Coasts and islands of Southeast Alaska on wet vertical cliffs and rocks or epiphytic on bark and decaying wood of conifers. Also among mosses and liverworts.