From Natural History of Southeast Alaska
stiletto shrimp, but can be distinguished by the relatively smaller eyes and presence of a strong dorsal hook on abdominal segment three. Small specimens are easily confused with Hippolyte clarki, but the small-eyed coastal shrimp has the carpus of the first walking leg divided into 7 segments rather than three as in Hippolyte clarki.
- WoRMS Page for Heptacarpus carinatus
- Search Arctos Database for Heptacarpus carinatus (Southeast only)
- Search Arctos Database for Heptacarpus carinatus (entire database)
- Encyclopedia of Life search for Heptacarpus carinatus
- iNaturalist Observations for Heptacarpus carinatus in Southeast Alaska