From Natural History of Southeast Alaska
Earthworm-like seaworm (Lumbrineris luti) has four "teeth" arranged like jaws on the same plane, and Nereis procera has two pincer-like jaws. Glycera has hemoglobin, like us, which explains the red stripe and pinkish coloration. While many worms in this group can inflict a nasty bite, this is not one of them.
- WoRMS Page for Glycera sp.
- Search Arctos Database for Glycera sp. (Southeast only)
- Search Arctos Database for Glycera sp. (entire database)
- Encyclopedia of Life search for Glycera sp.
- iNaturalist Observations for Glycera sp. in Southeast Alaska