|SE Alaska (edit)||VR||+||+||+||-|
|Glacier Bay (edit)||VR||-||-||+||-|
|S Outer Islands (edit)|
Listed as Common in Yakutat during Fall and Winter (check this). Very Rare in spring at Glacier Bay and Juneau (Accidental in Sitka). Accidental in Fall (Juneau) and winter (Sitka). No reports from south of Sitka or from upper Lynn Canal.
- Cornell BoW site shows the typical winter range of this species extending as far east as Kodiak Island and Cook Inlet. Yakutat checklist lists as Common in Fall and Winter?
- Summer record in Southeast - from older GB list -> 2010 SE list?
- Winter 2008-2009 QBR (Yakutat)
- Winter 2016-2017 QBR (Gustavus - mentions probably fewer than 15 SEAK records)
- Webster cites three Sitka records, Dec '83-Apr '84, Winter 77-78, 23-30 Dec '99
- GB May 1970:
- GB Dec 2016: https://ebird.org/checklist/S33104160
- Juneau Sep 2005: https://ebird.org/checklist/S11118869
- Juneau Spring 1969: https://ebird.org/checklist/S8694152 ("here for several weeks")
- Glacier Bay/Emperor Goose: (edit)
- Haines/Emperor Goose: Not known to occur (edit)
- Juneau/Emperor Goose: (edit)
- Ketchikan/Emperor Goose: Not known to occur (edit)
- Sitka/Emperor Goose: Only a few records, though when they show up, they seem to stay for an extended period. Marge Ward noted that on the two different occasions she observed this species locally, it seemed as though one member of a small group was injured and/or sick, so she thought the others may have remained to stay with the unhealthy bird. (edit)
- Skagway/Emperor Goose: Not known to occur (edit)
- Yakutat/Emperor Goose: (edit)
- Search Arctos Database for Emperor Goose (Southeast only)
- Search Arctos Database for Emperor Goose (entire database)
- Encyclopedia of Life search for Chen canagica
- iNaturalist Observations for Chen canagica in Southeast Alaska