- PacNW Herbaria Records for Didymodon giganteus
- Search Arctos Database for Didymodon giganteus (Southeast only)
- Search Arctos Database for Didymodon giganteus (entire database)
- Encyclopedia of Life search for Didymodon giganteus
- iNaturalist Observations for Didymodon giganteus in Southeast Alaska
[as Geheebia gigantea]
Southeastern Alaska Distribution: Previously known from Aats Bay (Holzinger and Frye, 1921) and Juneau (Persson, ????). Probably throughout where there are suitable habitats.
Habitat: Calcicolous. In the spray of shaded, humid canyon waterfalls to dry, exposed, sunny talus slopes (less frequently). Always attached to rock, often as extensive, deep golden red-brown mounds covering numerous square feet of canyon wall. Always near sea level.
Comments: Sporophytes and specialized vegetative structures have not been seen in western North America material.