- PacNW Herbaria Records for Dicranum polysetum
- Search Arctos Database for Dicranum polysetum (Southeast only)
- Search Arctos Database for Dicranum polysetum (entire database)
- Encyclopedia of Life search for Dicranum polysetum
- iNaturalist Observations for Dicranum polysetum in Southeast Alaska
Southeastern Alaska Distribution: Known only from Wrangell (Holzinger and Frye, 1921).
Habitat: On rocks or soil in shaded and cool sites, usually in forests, especially in dry, open forests.
Comments: IN Europe this species tends to be a "pronounced continental" species, and is very common (Persson, 1963). However, it is infrequent and poorly known in western North America (especially in the northern portions of its range), although in British Columbia it is more common in the drier portions of the province.