prickly sculpin (Cottus asper): Expected throughout the region in fresh water as well as estuaries and nearshore marine waters. Note on distinguishing from coastrange sculpin (Cottus aleuticus): from Distinct spot on back of dorsal fin found in most C. asper. You can count anal fin rays as well, C. asper have 15-19 while C. aleuticus have 12-15.
- FishBase page for Cottus asper
- Search Arctos Database for Cottus asper (Southeast only)
- Search Arctos Database for Cottus asper (entire database)
- Encyclopedia of Life search for Cottus asper
- iNaturalist Observations for Cottus asper in Southeast Alaska