From Natural History of Southeast Alaska
- Sitka/Castor canadensis: Population introduced to Goddard in 1927. It's unclear whether there was a native population on Baranof Island prior to this time. (edit)
- Search Arctos Database for Castor canadensis (Southeast only)
- Search Arctos Database for Castor canadensis (entire database)
- Encyclopedia of Life search for Castor canadensis
- iNaturalist Observations for Castor canadensis in Southeast Alaska
- Paul 2009
- MacDonald Cook 2007: Two subspecies reported from the region, one endemic to Admiralty Island (and possibly Baranof and Chichagof as well).