Collections primarily from the northern (inside) mainland. A single collection from the Stikine River is the only one on the mainland south of Juneau. A collection from Game Creek on Chichagof Island, and another from near Craig on Prince of Wales Island are the only island records.
Southeast Alaska is at the northern end of the overall range (a couple collections in southern Yukon are the only north of the region). In western Canada and the Pacific Northwest, there appears to be only limited collections from near the coast, so perhaps much of Southeast Alaska is marginal climate-wise for this species?
- e-FloraBC page for Canadanthus modestus
- USDAPLANTS page for Canadanthus modestus
- FNA page for Canadanthus modestus "Cold, wet soils, often ± calcareous, moist woodlands, often along streams, lake shores, alder thickets, open fields, cedar swamps, in montane and boreal forests"
- PacNW Herbaria Records for Canadanthus modestus
- Search Arctos Database for Canadanthus modestus (Southeast only)
- Search Arctos Database for Canadanthus modestus (entire database)
- Encyclopedia of Life search for Canadanthus modestus
- iNaturalist Observations for Canadanthus modestus in Southeast Alaska