From Natural History of Southeast Alaska
|SE Alaska (edit)||C||VR||C||C||-|
|Glacier Bay (edit)||C||R||C||C||-|
|S Outer Islands (edit)|
Reported to be a Rare nester in the vicinity of Yakutat, elsewhere breeding is not known to occur.
- Check U for Summer in SGY
- Breeding for Yakutat, update regional to Y?
- Migration timing? Apparently pretty consistent in Sitka over the years, also elsewhere?
SEAK QBR Mentions
- Glacier Bay/Bufflehead: Bufflehead are common in salt and fresh water except in summer. (edit)
- Haines/Bufflehead: (edit)
- Juneau/Bufflehead: (edit)
- Ketchikan/Bufflehead: (edit)
- Sitka/Bufflehead: Fairly Common from mid-October through April. Most often found on salt water, but in smaller numbers on freshwater. Most easily observed at the Airport lagoon, between Crescent Harbor and Totem Park, Swan Lake, and Starrigavan. (edit)
- Skagway/Bufflehead: (edit)
- Yakutat/Bufflehead: (edit)
- All About Birds Page for Bufflehead
- Search Arctos Database for Bufflehead (Southeast only)
- Search Arctos Database for Bufflehead (entire database)
- Encyclopedia of Life search for Bucephala albeola
- iNaturalist Observations for Bucephala albeola in Southeast Alaska
Plot of Bufflehead observations in Sitka