|SE Alaska (edit)||U||R||R||VR||-|
|Glacier Bay (edit)||FC||U||U||VR||-|
|S Outer Islands (edit)|
Migration routes seem to favor western part of the region and/or the outer coast.
Found almost exclusively on or near salt water.
According to the Birds of the World entry on Brant, most, if not all, of the Brant that pass through Southeast Alaska are on their way from or to Izembek Lagoon on the Alaska Penninsula. During fall migration, most Brant make a direct cross-Pacific flight from Izembek to their wintering locations on the West Coast. In spring, the migration takes more time with a greater number of stops.
- Uncommon in Fall at GB and Yakutat?
- Haines U R U R?
- Glacier Bay/Brant: Glacier Bay NP's Pacific coast/Icy Strait is a significant migratory route for the low-flying Brant . (edit)
- Haines/Brant: (edit)
- Juneau/Brant: (edit)
- Ketchikan/Brant: (edit)
- Sitka/Brant: Found near shore in small numbers most years in spring. More common out in the sound. (edit)
- Skagway/Brant: (edit)
- Yakutat/Brant: (edit)
- Search Arctos Database for Brant (Southeast only)
- Search Arctos Database for Brant (entire database)
- Encyclopedia of Life search for Branta bernicla
- iNaturalist Observations for Branta bernicla in Southeast Alaska