- PacNW Herbaria Records for Bazzania trilobata
- Search Arctos Database for Bazzania trilobata (Southeast only)
- Search Arctos Database for Bazzania trilobata (entire database)
- Encyclopedia of Life search for Bazzania trilobata
- iNaturalist Observations for Bazzania trilobata in Southeast Alaska
Southeastern Alaska Distribution: It appears to be widespread within the region, although local and seldom abundant, from near sea level to at least 1600 ft.
Habitat: In southeastern Alaska on rotting wood in forest, at the margins of peatlands, in an open wet peatland at 1600 ft., and under trees in open peatlands. Elsewhere in its range it occupies a great variety of habitats: shaded banks, on humus or peaty soil (often over ledges or boulders), coniferous forest floors, over much-decayed logs, with Sphagnum, on or between rocks, or rarely on the bark of trees.
Comments: Sterile in western North America. In western North America the species never forms the extensive, luxuriant, deep tufts reported from eastern North America. It is usually as isolated strands, rarely more abundant.