From Natural History of Southeast Alaska
Spike Redtop (Agrostis exarata): Many collections from across the region.
- USDAPLANTS page for Agrostis exarata
- GrassManual page for Agrostis exarata
- e-FloraBC page for Agrostis exarata
- PacNW Herbaria Records for Agrostis exarata
- Search Arctos Database for Agrostis exarata (Southeast only)
- Search Arctos Database for Agrostis exarata (entire database)
- Encyclopedia of Life search for Agrostis exarata
- iNaturalist Observations for Agrostis exarata in Southeast Alaska
- Muller: gen; moist open areas [as A. alaskana] gen; wet areas, muskegs
- Hall 2010: "Open areas at low elevation, ocean beaches, meadows and open woods. Common." [as A. alaskana] "Bogs, lake shores and ocean beaches"
- Skinner, et al 2012: "Native riparian grass associated with mineral soils, gravels, sands, and sediments of streambanks, meander point bars, and exposed riffles. Often found along silty beaches and coastal sand dunes. May be considered a colonizer, and is crowded out by other aggressive grasses and sedges."