From Natural History of Southeast Alaska
Black Cottonwood (Populus trichocarpa): Collections in ARCTOS from the across all but the far southern mainland. Also from Chichagof and Baranof Islands.
- Sitka/Populus trichocarpa: Basically absent from the road system except where it has been planted. Elsewhere in the area can be common along larger rivers draining high mountains in valleys such as Nakwasina Valley, Katlian Valley, Upper Blue Lake Valley, and Red Bluff Bay Valley. (edit)
- USDAPLANTS page for Populus trichocarpa
- FNA page for Populus trichocarpa
- e-FloraBC page for Populus trichocarpa
- PacNW Herbaria Records for Populus trichocarpa
- Search Arctos Database for Populus trichocarpa (Southeast only)
- Search Arctos Database for Populus trichocarpa (entire database)
- Encyclopedia of Life search for Populus trichocarpa
- iNaturalist Observations for Populus trichocarpa in Southeast Alaska
- Muller: gen; along streams, flats, open forest
- Hall 2010: [as P. balsamifera] "Southeastern Alaska (primarily mainland) .... Along streams, gravelly flats, open forests and recently deglaciated areas. Occasional."