From Natural History of Southeast Alaska
Warty tunicate (Pyura haustor) doesn't have hair on the siphons which are longer and paler, and Halocynthia hilgendorfi, which is sometimes synonymized and appears to be a Western Pacific species, doesn't have hair on its body. It is extremely cryptic, especially when the siphons are closed.
- WoRMS Page for Halocynthia igaboja
- Search Arctos Database for Halocynthia igaboja (Southeast only)
- Search Arctos Database for Halocynthia igaboja (entire database)
- Encyclopedia of Life search for Halocynthia igaboja
- iNaturalist Observations for Halocynthia igaboja in Southeast Alaska