From Natural History of Southeast Alaska
Graceful rock crab (Metacarcinus gracilis), and the commercially important Dungeness Crab (Metacarcinus magister). Neither red rock crabs nor Dungeness crabs have the black claw tips of Cancer productus, and when in juvenile form, they do not present the same labyrinthine patterns on the dorsal side. Cancer productus tends to inhabit shallower areas than Dungeness Crab (Metacarcinus magister). Red rock crabs are aggressive predators, pursuing all sorts of invertebrates as well as fighting over dead organisms.
- WoRMS Page for Cancer productus
- Search Arctos Database for Cancer productus (Southeast only)
- Search Arctos Database for Cancer productus (entire database)
- Encyclopedia of Life search for Cancer productus
- iNaturalist Observations for Cancer productus in Southeast Alaska