From Natural History of Southeast Alaska
Kruzof Island near Sitka). One collection inland from Haines is an exception. These are presumed to be var. occidentalis though the FNA distribution map does not have this species occurring much in our region. Do our restricted coastal populations possibly show genetic evidence of separation from the rest of the species throughout the bulk of its range?
A few scattered collections from the region - primarily from the islands.
- Sitka/Calypso bulbosa: Abundant under Sitka Spruce (Picea sitchensis) in shore side forests along several Kruzof Island beaches. Also found on the Chaichei Islands. So far not reported from Baranof Island. (edit)
- USDAPLANTS page for Calypso bulbosa
- FNA page for Calypso bulbosa
- PFAF page for Calypso bulbosa
- EthnoBotany page for Calypso bulbosa
- e-FloraBC page for Calypso bulbosa
- PacNW Herbaria Records for Calypso bulbosa
- Search Arctos Database for Calypso bulbosa (Southeast only)
- Search Arctos Database for Calypso bulbosa (entire database)
- Encyclopedia of Life search for Calypso bulbosa
- iNaturalist Observations for Calypso bulbosa in Southeast Alaska
- Muller: gen; mossy forest, forest near beach
- Hall 2010: "Deeply shaded and beach fringe forests especially on small islands. Uncommon to rare in southeastern Alaska."