From Natural History of Southeast Alaska
Gribble (Limnoria lignorum). In order to properly visualize the animal itself, think of an especially large, flaccid, transparent-white earthworm with two rows of blades attached to its head. Or just break up some Teredo wood until you see one for yourself, which is quite an experience.
Just to be clear, this is not the invasive species Teredo navalis.
- WoRMS Page for Bankia setacea
- Search Arctos Database for Bankia setacea (Southeast only)
- Search Arctos Database for Bankia setacea (entire database)
- Encyclopedia of Life search for Bankia setacea
- iNaturalist Observations for Bankia setacea in Southeast Alaska