Snow Arnica (Arnica griscomii ssp. frigida): Southeast Alaska appears to be at the southwestern limits of the range of this species.
Only a single collection from the region in ARCTOS, from Mitkof Island. A second collection from near Haines is in a different herbarium. Mitkof Island records appears to be something of an outlier (both in terms of range and expected habitat), and this species is probably only to be expected along the north eastern margins of the region.
- USDAPLANTS page for Arnica griscomii
- FNA page for Arnica griscomii "Alpine meadows, tundras, and calcareous rocky outcrops;"
- e-FloraBC page for Arnica griscomii
- Arctos Collection Record (Mitkof Island, 1981) page for Arnica griscomii Originally identified as A. cordifolia, found in marshy on bank of road.
- PacNW Herbaria Records for Arnica griscomii ssp. frigida
- Search Arctos Database for Arnica griscomii (Southeast only)
- Search Arctos Database for Arnica griscomii (entire database)
- Encyclopedia of Life search for Arnica griscomii ssp. frigida
- iNaturalist Observations for Arnica griscomii ssp. frigida in Southeast Alaska