- Sitka/Apometzgeria pubescens: Seems to be reasonably common growing on Yellow Cedar (Chamaecyparis nootkatensis) trunks off the lower section of Gavan Hill Trail. Overall distribution and abundance in the local area is not yet clear, though Worley indicated at that time there was only a collection from Kruzof Island. (edit)
- PacNW Herbaria Records for Apometzgeria pubescens
- Search Arctos Database for Apometzgeria pubescens (Southeast only)
- Search Arctos Database for Apometzgeria pubescens (entire database)
- Encyclopedia of Life search for Apometzgeria pubescens
- iNaturalist Observations for Apometzgeria pubescens in Southeast Alaska
[as Metzgeria pubescens]
Southeastern Alaska Distribution: Throughout, usually at lower elevations.
Habitat: Common as festooning mats on non-acidic, mesic rock faces, canyon walls, cliffs, trees and shaded rocks.
Comments: Sporophytes have not been seen in the southeastern Alaska material.